Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Technology Management role located onsite in Austin, TX. (no ability for remote work) The selected candidate will provide leadership for those involved in the development, design, and optimization of one of more IT and systems functions supporting customer business processes and technical information system platforms. Manages subcontractors, direct reporting managers, and employee staff. Responsible for status reports, staffing processes, customer relationship management, personnel management, program reviews, and other program performance functions. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements.
Converse fluently with technical teams, both contractor and federal employee.
• Monitor and analyze personnel performance, ensuring that skillsets and ongoing support tasks are accomplished in accordance with the PWS.
• Conduct advance planning to continually meet customer's contract requirements.
• Support customer application and hardware deployment and outages by ensuring contractor staff is available and engaged.
• Analyze level of effort for customer requirements and consults with VA Managers on staffing actions to ensure the VA environment is able to meet challenges and opportunities
• Support the application/customer at various operations planning meetings, assessing change impact, performing risk mitigation, and organizing communication plans.
• Ensure adherence to VA policy and standards during meetings, release management/operational readiness reviews, and other work sessions, such as planning and budgeting.
• Develop a subordinate management chain, capable of proactive decision making to support a dynamic and varied environment.
• Manage both onsite and remote staff to the same level of care, ensuring expectations are understood regardless of physical team location.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.