Leidos has an excellent opportunity to join our team as a Software Engineer to support a US Army customer with both CONUS- and OCONUS-based user communities.
As a Software Engineer, you will provide system design, development, integration, installation, operations, and maintenance support. Our technology stacks consist of Java, RESTful APIs, Angular 6+, Apache Tomcat, and PostgreSQL running in a Linux environment. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders, providing minimal onsite support at a customer facility as well as working, primarily, with the team from our contractor offices. Most hours are day shift but willingness to be on call for occasional after hours support (ex. to support periodic training events occurring in a different time zone) is required.
• Develop/implement features and functionalities derived from customer requirements for Java-based web application software using an Agile Scrum and Kanban approach (involves the use of user stories, storyboard/wireframes, acceptance criteria, activity diagrams and other systems engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team).
• Use sound software engineering and object-oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
• Be knowledgeable about secure software development principles and techniques and be able to apply them in support of Information Assurance/accreditation requirements
• Participate in Scrum meetings to coordinate activities across the team
• Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse. Provide assistance for assigned tasks to testers and integrators
• Troubleshoot issues that arise from testing and/or integrated/fielded systems
• Document features and functionalities of assigned tasks
• Support the software configuration management process
• Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience
• Experience with Java Web application development
• Experience with IDEs (Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA), database (PostgreSQL/Oracle)
• Experience with Linux and Windows
• Experience in software development on teams using Agile development practices such as Scrum, JIRA, Crucible and test-driven development (TDD) methodology
• Experience with Maven and GIT
• Must be familiar with the full software development life cycle
• Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies
• Ability to establish a solid working relationship with, technical staff, managers, and team members
• Highly motivated, creative, and organized with strong attention to detail
• Successfully functions in a collaborative team environment committed to high-quality customer service
• Flexibility and patience in order to work with changing priorities
• IAT Level II Compliant (ex. Security + certification)
• Proficient in Java based REST Web Services
• Experience with Agile/Scrum