The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a PHP / Drupal Developer in Bethesda, MD.
Leidos' Health Group is seeking a PHP Developer with Drupal experience to support an exciting project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The positions will be located in the Bethesda, Maryland vicinity.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The Developer will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with analysts and other technologists to ensure websites and applications meet the mission requirements. Individual must be a motivated, driven team player who interacts well with others, and is a good communicator with the ability to communicate technical results to the team and advise/consult with other team members on project-related issues.
The successful candidate will participate in all software development activities such as research, design, development and maintenance of applications in the existing portfolio. The Developer will be responsible for performing complex development tasks and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts. Must be very detail-oriented with strong development and unit testing skills, and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple environments.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting a variety of tools and will be expected to support a diverse portfolio of applications. The candidate will be expected to acquire and utilize new skills to support additional technologies and tools in the maintenance portfolio.
Applicants will qualify for the Developer position with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as related experience to include web application development using PHP, Drupal, HTML5, css, jQuery, MySQL, GitHub. Suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree. Applicants must supply specifics on directly-related experience and qualifications as indicated above in resumes and cover letters to be considered for a position.
- Must have experience developing web applications in PHP, jQuery, MySQL, Apache, HTML/XHTML, CSS
- Must be familiar and experienced with Drupal (7, 8), including managing core, contributed, and custom modules
- Must be familiar with source control systems (GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN) and source control management practices
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Prior experience working on Federal software applications
- Experience as a member of an Agile software development team
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design and use of Design Patterns
- Automated unit testing
- Production support experience
- Experience in building and maintaining web applications that are Section 508 compliant
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated deployments
- CMMI process experience
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: .NET, Java, SQL Server, PostGreSQL
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.