Leidos is seeking an Agile Development Product Owner who will analyze production, business operations and workflows, distribution, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources, and/or a variety of other business and technical problems to formulate and develop new and modified information processing systems. Determines techniques to improve the basis for decision making, policy construction, and program design and execution. Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for information processing systems including manual systems and those supported by data processing equipment. Coordinates with all organizations involved to ascertain system requirements such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
This role is onsite at our Leidos location in Austin, TX. NO relocation funding available. No remote work ability. *
- Lead projects as a liaison between clients, subject matter experts and Information Technology Team including Development, Software Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Release Management departments to facilitate the effective capture and exchange of information to ensure the delivery of the highest quality software and technology solution releases to QTC customers
- Support legacy applications with analysis of roadmap utilizing user stories, process flow diagrams, etc to support new as well as existing core processes
- Perform Human Centered capture of user / business requirements and translate / convert to technical specification requirements, as well as Epics/Stories/Tasks, including database and table structure analysis, risks and assumptions for outlined solution delivery
- Work closely with System Architects and Developers to create and maintain clear/concise technical documentation and product backlog
- Establish strategies for deliverables for business projects to include process changes, technology changes and customer impact
- Effectively apply QTC SDLC methodology and enforce process standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from accredited four year institution
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess demonstrated working knowledge with Microsoft SharePoint, Office (Word, Excel), MS Project, Visio and PowerPoint
- Solid knowledge of agile software development methodology as defined by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner
- Possess a strong working knowledge in the areas of application programming, database, system design as well as web-based and client/server architectures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
- Significant experience with Agile Software Development Practices (e.g. Scrum, XP, etc.)
- Superior analytical, product and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong technical writing skills
- Certifed SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
- Proven ability to manage, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and lead in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and lead a project team