The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Operations Watch (Ops Watch) Specialist at Andrews Air Force Base.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
The Ops Watch team is a 24/7/365 manned function. This position is for a member of a 5-person team responsible for performing the Ops Watch duty during the assigned shift ( Tue-Sat: 0600-1430) .
- Monitor, maintain, report, and ensure that the environment is up and running at all times.
- Monitor both NIPR and SIPR environments.
- Log analysis and document for incident remediation/threat hunting.
- Respond to outage, critical, and warning alerts to resolve issues before they affect end-user services.
- Works as part of the Ops Watch team to achieve mission critical objectives and deliverables.
- Report alerts to the Communications Focal Point (CFP) and relevant stakeholders while working with mission partners and local technicians to resolve the alert as soon as possible.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas.
- Monitor and continuously improve system tools providing status information to Ops Watch, such as Remedy, SolarWinds, and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), to maintain situational awareness of the environment.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret in the future.
- Currently possess a Security+CE certification
- Experience writing strong technical support/triage documentation.
- Experience working using system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and SCOM to monitor enterprise system status across multiple technologies and platforms.
- Experience reviewing system events and performing triage to determine impact and urgency.
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise IT incidents and recommending approaches to resolve them.
- Ability to work in a live 24x7 operation.
- Experience tuning system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and SCOM.
- Experience working with ITSM tools, especially Remedy
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
- Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR