Leidos is seeking a proven Solution Architect/SecDevOps Architect with strong systems, software, and Agile SecDevOps experience to lead complex program captures and delivery. As a Solutions Architect, you will be required to gather functional requirements and specifications from clients, developers, and users and work closely with the intake team and enterprise architects to gain a complete sense of client expectations and limitations. You will develop project specifications based on functional requirements as well as develop schedules and test plans, and prepare conceptual and high level system designs. You'll work with the customer and proposals and intake staff to determine project scope You will be the primary technical POC for a portfolio of existing customer applications development and support activities and will be intimately familiar with their design, functionality, and operational effectiveness. By collaborating with engineering and operational staff, you'll assess deficiencies, and provide recommendations and oversight for process and technology improvements. You'll tap appropriate technical SMEs when required, interact with contract staff, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within the Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resources which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact. For many projects, you will work with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the solution, where you'll need to consider cost and timelines to ensure that vendors meet deadlines for deliverables and project elements. Throughout the development lifecycle, you will direct and oversee the activities of a team of services delivery engineers, answering questions or helping to resolve issues as they arise. This aspect of the role requires you to ensure that specifications and requirements are clearly articulated to implementation staff. You'll monitor timelines and progress to ensure that team members are adhering to these specifications. Since you'll have a client-facing role, you'll be the liaison between the customer and developers and the internal implementation team. Under the direction of the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and the Application Support Lead, the Solutions Architect provides a sound and deep technical knowledge base in multiple disciplines. As a technical leader the Solutions Architect provides cost effective, innovative solutions and designs for new implementations as well as evangelizing the program's capabilities and services to the customer, while ensuring existing applications are reviewed periodically so that recommendations for improvement can be offered to the customer.
The successful Solution Architect/ SecDevOps Architect shall:
• Organize and oversee all technical activities necessary to perform the program to meet customer requirements.
• Assesses business objectives, conducts gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifies business requirements.
• Plan and implement actions by other Agile team leaders to meet quality requirements for program deliverables.
• Direct Agile team leaders and personnel, manage to cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as a customer technical interface.
• Evaluates business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures can be employed to meet business objectives.
• Adjust resource estimation, tracking progress and planning/re-planning based on realities of the team velocity and potential changes in product owner priorities.
• Use resource estimates based on point-based systems and track progress via Agile metrics.
• Develops potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supports analysis of alternatives for best fit.
• Evaluates technical trends and provides recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
• Performs research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization.
• Established leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage Agile team leaders and members in support of a diverse set of government customers.
• Shall have a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in the IT field focusing on development projects, SecDevOps and technical architecture specifically.
• Shall possess strong architecture & design experience (at least 3 of the 10 years) of experience deploying enterprise applications on AWS.
• Shall possess expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
• Extensive expertise in Agile and SecDevOps approaches, and experience using many of the tools common to a Development/Test Tool Suite.
• Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. • Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
• Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
• Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
• Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
• Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
• May supervise others.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience managing Agile teams within the Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.