Are you ready for your next mission? Interested in an exciting and rewarding career?
Leidos has a current job opening for a Policy Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five-year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The Cybersecurity Policy SME develops, recommends and assist in the implementation of DHA CSD Cybersecurity policy programs. The Cybersecurity Policy SME has the unique role to develop processes and workflows to monitor, assess, create and educate at the enterprise level within a team of four SMEs. As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and fingerprints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Monitor/assess Federal Law, Executive Agency Policy / Publications, and other sources of cybersecurity guidance for impact to ABIS Cyber Security program.
- Provide daily/weekly summary report. Create, review or revise documents (such as administrative instructions, procedural instructions, informational papers, briefs) related to cybersecurity to support sharing policy/guidance information with ABIS community.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Analyze Federal Law, Executive Agency Policy/Publications author executive level correspondence.
- Establish identification, tracking, data collection, and reporting requirements for ABIS
- Support ABIS communications and other overarching policy/direction entities.
- Support includes reaching out directly or providing draft verbiage to government for outreach. Review published/emerging DoD Cyber Security (CS) policy/guidance and provide analysis of potential impacts for ABIS policy.
- Review enterprise-wide cyber security business processes for compliance with DoD and ABIS policy in support of the information technology acquisition life cycle. Provide analysis of existing/emerging CS policies across services / agencies that are consolidated under DOD structure.
- Other duties as required.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or equivalent
- DoD 8570 certified
- IAM III (CISSP and/or CISM etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills in both client interactions and team interactions
- Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage & pronunciation
- Ability to develop workflows and business procedures, proficient in MS Office & MS Visio
- Recent DOD ABIS experience is a plus
- 10-12 years' experience working in Cybersecurity or Information Assurance. Experience in DoD Cyber Security related fields is a plus.