Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologists who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as an Enterprise Tools Architect, will require you to gather monitoring and visualization requirements and specifications from clients, developers, and users and work closely with the Solutions architects to gain a complete sense of client expectations and limitations.
You will develop project specifications based on functional requirements as well as develop schedules and test plans, prepare conceptual and high level system designs, and any pertinent technical documentation relevant to the ESDLC process. You'll work with the customer and proposals and intake staff to determine project scope
You will be the primary technical POC for a portfolio of existing monitoring applications and will be intimately familiar with their design, functionality, and operational effectiveness. By collaborating with engineering and operational staff, you'll assess deficiencies, and provide recommendations and oversight for process and technology improvements.
You'll tap appropriate technical SMEs when required, interact with contract staff, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resources which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
For many projects, you will work with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the solution, where you'll need to consider cost and timelines to ensure that vendors meet deadlines for deliverables and project elements.
Throughout the development lifecycle, you will direct and oversee the activities of a team of tools and services delivery engineers, answering questions or helping to resolve issues as they arise. This aspect of the role requires you to ensure that specifications and requirements are clearly articulated to implementation staff. You'll monitor timelines and progress to ensure that team members are adhering to these specifications. Since you'll have a client-facing role, you'll be the liaison between the customer and developers and the internal implementation team.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and the Enterprise Engineering Lead, the Enterprise Tools Architect provides a sound and deep technical knowledge base in multiple monitoring and visualization disciplines. As a technical leader the Enterprise Tools Architect provides cost effective, innovative solutions and designs for new implementations as well as evangelizing the program's capabilities and services to the customer, while ensuring existing applications are reviewed periodically so that recommendations for improvement can be offered to the customer.
- Interface with customer and internal service areas to gather requirements for new engagements.
- Support Proposals and Intake team with preparation of ROMs, SOWs, and any other on-contract-growth initiatives.
- Prepare, articulate, present and oversee the implementation of your solutions.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other service areas.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Support engineering and product development lifecycle and development work stream
- Participate in configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements.
- Promote services offerings and technical capabilities of the program to new and existing customers.
- Assess the operational health of existing monitoring and visualization tools and provide technical recommendations for improvements.
Management Responsibilities: None
- Required Education/Experience:
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be experienced in developing strategic plans for monitoring of infrastructure, Mainframe, Solaris, Storage, UNIX, system architecture, cloud services, and systems upgrades.
- Previous experience as a Lead Cloud/Infrastructure, Network, or Software Tools Engineer with hands-on experience in monitoring multiple, diverse infrastructure, network, Storage, UNIX, Solaris, x86, systems, network & security, and automation technologies.
- Expertise SDLC, ITIL, and ITMS process and architecture.
- Previous experience in product development, design, architecture and engineering of monitoring and visualization for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), private cloud and Fedramp cloud services.
- Must possess a high level of technical literacy which helps them determine how a hardware/software/cloud monitoring solution fits into an organization's current structure and in the development of specifications and requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with complex architectures supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in managing the monitoring of mainframes, storage, IaaS, cloud, network, infrastructure architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving capabilities, able to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations
- Analytical assessment skills are a must for determining development schedules and milestones and ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in network and cloud services is a must.
- Intermediate level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, and program schedules.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- ITIL certification
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.