Leidos is seeking a Research Toxicologist II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
- Design and conduct scientific research on the toxicological effects of exposure to chemicals/mixtures, often in combination with extreme environmental hazards or stressors, to include temperature, humidity, altitude, vibrations, and noise, and/or physical demand.
- Utilize animal models to evaluate the short- and long-term health and performance effects of acute and chronic exposure to chemicals, mixtures, environmental hazards and stressors and/or physical demand.
- Provide scientific expertise in the field of toxicology with regard to one or multiple organ systems, including dermal, intestinal, pulmonary/respiratory, neurological/cognitive and developmental and reproductive effects.
- Identify, devise, propose and execute military relevant studies and collect data from animal subjects (primarily rodent).
- Perform risk assessments based on collected toxicological data.
- Assist other investigators in the design and execution of research protocols on animal, human and cellular toxicology and physiology and performance issues of interest to the Navy.
- Develop (and/or assist in the development) of technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Prepare (and/or assist in the preparation) of proposal applications for other toxicological, physiological, psychological, medical, and performance studies.
Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years or prior relevant experience. 7 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.