Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Splunk systems
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.Experience with ports and protocols.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
- Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today' networks.
- Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
- Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Eligible