The Government Health & Safety Solutions group of Leidos' SSA Division is seeking an experienced mainframe software developer to support a large contract in the Baltimore, MD area.
The Mainframe Developer will provide critical mainframe technical and subject matter expertise to Leidos' suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems Architecture.
- Responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements and will be involved in creating and maintaining code and database structures such as COBOL, Restructured Extended Executor (REXX), Job Control Language (JCL), CLIST, DB2, as well as numerous mainframe utility tools such as SYNCSORT, File-AID/Related Data XPERT (RDX), Control-M, etc.
- Responsible for unit testing, batch job execution, and validation against desired outcomes.
- The resource is expected to function as part of a team and to maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- Must demonstrates the experience and ability to work with Agency technical managers and staff to provide advanced-level support for Agency application design (including systems requirements), development, testing, and maintenance support efforts.
- Possesses experience in identifying and recommending best practices. Demonstrates the experience and ability to serve as a coordinator among multiple project teams and/or components to ensure enterprise-wide consistency of application development efforts.
- Must have experience in multi-platform environment, inclusive of IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS), for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, COBOL, REXX, JCL, CLIST, Java.
- Must possess experience or knowledge of querying data using SPUFI, QMF, and SQL.
- Requires BS degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience.
Experience in Federal Government sector / Social Security Administration contractual support.