We are looking for someone to provide direct onsite support of the NIDS application at USSTRATCOM. This individual will be the 'face' of the application and the NIDS team to the users. Individual must be a self-starter and critical thinker - someone who can rapidly consume domain knowledge, be an effective communicator, and able to create rapport with the user community and development team.
You will be in a critical position on this fast-paced and fun program. Your responsibilities will encompass supporting the user community in use of the application; installing and testing new releases; collaborating with the development team, both local and remote on issues and potential solutions or workarounds; and collaborating with the Government IT and Oracle DB support personnel at site. As an onsite support, you must quickly become knowledgeable on system functionality and the domain-specific data.
You must be able to travel to San Diego for training on the application with the core development team and then approximately twice a year for technical interchange meetings.
• Bachelor's degree and 4+ years relevant experience as a developer, integrator, software/system tester, or support engineer; 4 years additional training/experience/college coursework may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• Strong/hands-on expertise with Linux
• Experience with basic SQL
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Shell scripting
• Knowledge of the USSTRATCOM MPAS applications