Leidos has a current job opening Mid-Level Cybersecurity Analyst in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five-year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and fingerprints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs.
- Investigate computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems.
- Provide computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption.
- Conduct network security vulnerability assessments using DoD provided scanning tools and liaison with network administrators to correct identified problems.
- Verify endpoint security products are installed on all assets, kept up-to-date, and remain in communications with endpoint security server.
- Maintains the appropriate DoD patch levels for DoD provided scanning tools, associated vulnerability plugins, and DISA audit baselines.
- Ensures compliance with DoD requirements for credentialed scan rates, agent and point product deployments, as well as ensuring all assets are scanned within required windows.
- Provides technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks for the effort to build the new ABIS 1.3 system.
- Researches and gains proficiency on new technologies introduced in ABIS 1.3
- Provides technical assistance on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and technical knowledge.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing systems.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. 1-2 years of hands on experience with Tenable Security Center and Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- An active DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret.
- 2-3 years of hands on experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) and point products such as Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP) system
- Hands on experience conducting Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) audit scans (manual and automated)
- Conducting network vulnerability scanning and vulnerability assessment
- Ability to access CJIS Campus
- Position requires infrequent response outside of normal operating hours.
- Position requires ability to provide coverage outside normal operating hours for routing maintenance windows Must obtain and maintain DoD 8570.1 IA and computing certification requirement for IAT-II by EOM May 2019
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with Cisco Firepower IDS
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with Splunk Enterprise
- High level familiarity with DISA STIG settings, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), and/or NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Prefer candidates with 1-2 years of hands on system administration with Windows or Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience
- Familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU's, memory, disk utilization)