Are you ready for your next mission? Leidos has a current job opening for Sr. Project Manager in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
In close coordination with the Program Manager, directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organizing, control, integration and completion of engineering projects and EVM reporting. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, and work assignments. Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to requirements. Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project. Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, EVM and resolving engineering design and test problems.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
- Lead for a large project under the program
- Responsible for cost, schedule and performance of the project.
- Leads a highly skilled technical team for all technical approaches and tasking for the project
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Great communication skills and is comfortable in presenting to the government and Sr. Mgmt.
- Is able to work closely with all areas of the program including Site-Operations, Cyber Security, Infrastructure Eng., Software Engineering
- Familiarity with EVM methodologies and Cloud Technologies are a plus
- An active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 10 years + of experience in managing US Government programs/projects over $10M per year
- Demonstrate an understanding of Earned Value Management Systems
- Microsoft Project schedule experience
- PMI PMP Certification
- Leadership attributes including; commitment, strong communication skills, teamwork, planning and delegation, prioritization of multiple tasks, decision making, problem solving, and meeting schedules.
- Knowledge of requirements management/traceability, oversight, and guidance.
- Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint) experience required.
- Experience with Agile Development, CMMI, and ITIL Best Practices
- Prior experience with Leidos processes, procedures and information sources a definite plus.
- Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Biometrics or related experience is a plus.
- Experience with Leidos EVM tools, processes and procedures a definite plus
- Master degree
- 6 years + of experience in managing US Government program/projects
- Financial/Cost Management experience