Leidos has a current job opening Senior Cybersecurity Analyst in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five-year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and fingerprints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Provide cybersecurity expertise in NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to include conducting risk assessments, evaluating system changes, and providing security recommendations to management.
- Review audit logs, reports, and files in accordance with the System Security Plan, reporting anomalies and concerns to the ISSM.
- Perform as the lead cybersecurity analyst during incident response exercises and actual incidents, providing guidance during incident and conducting after actions report at conclusion.
- Conduct automated and manual verifications across various operating system and applications to ensure compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Security Requirements Guidance (SRG).
- Conduct network security vulnerability assessments using DoD provided scanning tools and liaison with network administrators to correct identified problems.
- Assist and train junior staff in cybersecurity operations tasks.
- Provide technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks for the effort to build the new ABIS 1.3 system.
- Conduct research and make product recommendations on new technologies introduced to the system.
- Provide expert technical assistance on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results, on premise and cloud architecture.
- Prepare detailed specifications for programs. Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing systems.
- Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Evaluate new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of hands on experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) and point products such as Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP) system.
- 5-6 years of hands on experience with Tenable Security Center and Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- 3-4 years of hands on experience with Splunk Enterprise
- An active DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Ability to access CJIS Campus
- Hands on experience conducting Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) audit scans (manual and automated)
- Conducting network vulnerability scanning and vulnerability assessment
- Position requires infrequent response outside of normal operating hours.
- Position requires ability to provide coverage outside normal operating hours for routing maintenance windows
- Must obtain and maintain DoD 8570.1 IA and computing certification requirement for IAT-II by EOM May 2019
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with Cisco Firepower IDS
- Intimate familiarity with DISA STIG settings, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), and/or NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Prefer candidates with 3-4 years of hands on system administration with Windows or Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience
- Familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU's, memory, disk utilization)