The Aviation Safety Knowledge Management Environment Program Management team on the NISC III program provides full spectrum program management services to support the Office of Information Technology and Aircraft Certification Program Managers in managing and executing a Capital Investment Program, ASKME.
The program funds, manages, and monitors aviation safety information technology application development initiatives.
The Program Management team is responsible for executing ASKME's Earned Value Management System (EVMS), maintaining the programs Integrated Master Schedule, monitoring invoices and projecting expenditures, proposing and executing contract modifications, and forecasting and reporting the programs cost/schedule/performance status to the FAA EVM focal.
As a member of the team, the Earned Value Management (EVM) Analyst, working under the direction of the EVM Lead, will work with Project Schedulers, Program Analysts, and Financial Analysts to accomplish assigned functions.
The EVM Analyst will analyze historical program performance, monitor the forecasted completion data, interface directly with the customer personnel, and support recommendations made to the ASKME Program Managers and Control Account Managers.
Primary Responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide project and earned value management support and coordination to complex DoD program
- Develop portions of the program's cost and schedule baseline
- Review and report performance updates from the programs Control Account Managers
- Perform EVM functions (rolling wave planning, Baseline Change Requests (BCRs), Variance Analysis, IPMR reporting, etc.) within monthly business rhythm for assigned parts of the program
- Support briefings to Government personnel regarding EVM and schedule performance
- Perform transfer of data from the teams Integrated Master Schedule to the teams Earned Value Management system and validate data accuracy.
- Comply with internal procedures and government cost/schedule reporting regulations
- Perform non-routine analysis and prepare non-routine performance reports
- • Develop and maintain EVM artifacts and other program documentation related to deliverables to the customer and the EVM Focal Point
- Interact daily with technical leads, leadership, and client personnel by providing schedule status data
- May temporarily lead EVM team activities in absence of EVM Lead
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Project management experience including direct recent experience as an EVM Analyst.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of EIA 748-compliant Earned Value Management definitions, calculations, and processes
- Proficient knowledge of scheduling processes and the use of MS Project on a resource-loaded schedule
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and the application of project management processes
- Ability to analyze and determine a resolution for problems/questions that may be challenging and/or complex
- Established and productive professional individual contributor
- Ability to work independently with limited to no supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with other MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience on large-scale software development projects
- EVP (Earned Value Professional) certification
NOTE: This position will allow the person to work from home but the selected candidate must be able to commute to the office at 400 Virginia Avenue, Washington DC as needed.