The Aviation Safety Knowledge Management Environment Program Management team on the NISC III program provides full spectrum program management services to support the Office of Information Technology and Aircraft Certification Program Managers in managing and executing a Capital Investment Program, ASKME.
The program funds, manages, and monitors aviation safety information technology application development initiatives.
In this role you will perform the following duties:
- Prepare and coordinate the modeling and re-engineering of the Integrated Master Schedule for new or existing programs
- Establish and coordinate business rhythms required to accomplish program control, analyses and forecasting objectives.
- Utilizing applicable project management tools, implement network logic and measurement methods to perform critical path and risk analyses.
- Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders.
- Implement, maintain and manage planning products in support of planning processes.
- Perform independent network analyses resulting in reports and metrics.
- Conduct data and process quality assessments of planning products and prepare for surveillance reviews to ensure compliance with program performance management.
- Maintains and coordinates vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the Integrated Master Schedule, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
- Responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of project level work schedules. The candidate will support and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)in the current Microsoft Project application and beyond. The candidate must be Able to interface with Project Managers from multiple divisions, division managers, and second line supervisors to define and acquire resource availability for the project schedule.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers to obtain status of work assignments and completion rates.
- Prepare and/or contribute input for cost, schedule and performance variance reports.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of creating standard Agile - Scrum approach type project schedules as well as suitable performance measuring procedures.
- Able to work within a business unit team environment and communicate with additional business units for support activities and needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with business management analysis, strategic planning, project planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, reporting and management skills.
- Skills must include: MS Office Suite (specifically project management tools and solid command of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
NOTE: This requisition will allow the selected employee to work from home but the employee must be able to commute to 400 Virginia Avenue, Washington, DC as needed.