The Aviation Safety Knowledge Management Environment Program Management team on the NISC III program at Leidos provides full spectrum program management services to support the Office of Information Technology and Aircraft Certification Program Managers in managing and executing a Capital Investment Program, ASKME.
The program funds, manages, and monitors aviation safety information technology application development initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Defining system requirements, developing architectures, models, designs, and release/deployment plans.
- Assessing the technical and operational characteristics of systems.
- Provide expertise in, but not limited to, System Architecture, System Engineering, Systems Integration, Technical leadership, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis.
- Assess the conceptual and physical design for completeness, compliance to standards, and robustness. Identify design concerns and considerations for performance and scalability.
- Develop solution architectures to resolve identified issues and support system operations.
- Lead an Engineering team responsible for the design, development and management of an enterprise system
- Develop specifications and requirements documentation.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
- Supports Systems Engineering efforts through management of Change Requests, Impact analysis, Systems analysis, documentation, and review.
- Maintains system architecture and associated design documents, updating procedures, analyzing system and managing program changes.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer on Large Scale Development and Integration Programs.
- Experience designing solution architectures for complex Systems
- Experience designing complex, integrated systems through the full system development life cycle.
- Experience in understanding and creating System physical and conceptual architecture diagrams.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a fast paced environment with large amounts of external stakeholder interaction.
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages as well as custom developed software and applications.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in team environments and with other business organizations
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
NOTE: This requisition will allow the selected employee to work from home but the employee must be able to commute to 400 Virginia Avenue, Washington, DC as needed.