The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Construction Cost Estimator / Civil Engineer to support the FAA customer.
In this role you will provide support to the FAA's APM-200, Policy, Planning and Systems Division.
Support shall consist of providing estimates to a variety of federal and commercial properties using cost estimating tools/techniques and experience to support various initiatives of the Aviation Property Management.
Review cost estimates from other parties to ensure they are reasonable, accurate, and in compliance with applicable standards
This position requires domestic travel as much as 50% of the time.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or Construction Management and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Requirements for the position include:
- Have a general estimating background and experience in all technical disciplines- Mechanical, Civil, Structural, etc.
- Experience in all aspects of cost estimating including rough order of magnitude estimates (ROM's), independent cost estimates (ICEs), cost analysis, and change/claim management support.
- Experience either developing Independent Government Cost Estimates(IGCE) or working with them for Federal Agencies or their contract support personnel
- Significant experience with quantity take-offs, evaluating specifications, evaluating past performance and sourcing subcontractor bids
- Previous experience developing bid packages, conceptual estimates and analysis of subcontractor bids, etc.
- Ability to support scoping meetings and negotiations as needed in support of cost estimates and pricing differentials
- Experience facilitating pre-construction process from award through stable hand-off to assigned project team
- Ability to create presentations of estimates for management reviews
- Competency with MS Office Software - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Competency with estimating software - US Cost Success Estimator, RS Means Data, 4 Clicks or other relevant tools
- Familiarity with GSA's cost estimation Handbook and methodologies
- Ability to research, study and offer analysis in support of the Real Estate Program initiatives
- Ability to gather data, organize it and offer summarized analysis including travelling the United States to conduct site surveys and collect information
- Ability to develop project and implementation plans, establish schedules and manage projects independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Experience with quantity take offs using Information Modeling
- Expertise in CAD and BIM tools
- Knowledge of or experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) or MS SharePoint
- Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders