System Integration & Test Engineer
Leidos is seeking a System Integration & Test Engineer who will be a lead member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration's Terminal Flight Data Management TFDM program, which is a part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System. Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution for NextGen. With growing congestion on the airport surface due to the increase in commercial air traffic nationwide, the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning on the airport ground is critical. TFDM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Responsibilities both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
• Provide support in ensuring team goals are met
• Develop and maintain test procedures
• Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
• Support test and requirement verification & validation
• Typically requires Bachelors Science degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience leading and directing activities of a team
• Experience in following a documented Integration and Test Development Process
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
• Be able to work in a group or independently; able to integrate complex systems with minimal oversight and will be able to travel 10% of the time.