The NEST Technical writer will be overall responsible for drafting reports, charts, and documenting program deliverables and DRDs for the NASA Customer. The candidate will be responsible for creating technical documentation as well as editing and proofreading documents created by other team members. The ideal candidate should be able to develop solutions to problems and create quality documents using domain knowledge and thorough analysis. Major tasks for this position include leading on contract task order efforts and serving as the lead technical writer. Working with the back office team to edit and provide coaching on their technical writing. Translating technical information into documentation for non-technical audiences. Working closely with stakeholders and teammates to identify and document their needs and provide that information in clear and concise documentation to the Customer.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise, developing solutions for assigned opportunities, and writing technical responses to requests for proposals. The Technical Writer will work with the Leadership and other colleagues to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, and acquisition timing. The Technical Writer will be responsible for translating this solution into a Leidos' responses to Government requests.
• Demonstrated experience as a professional technical writer
• Experience proofreading and editing technical documentation
• Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks.
• Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
• Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant customer government organizations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff
• Have experience editing, technical writing, or related experience
• Have strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment,
• Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills (English); be able to provide succinct instructions in high-pressure situations, often under time constraints
• Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demand
• Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skill.
This position will play a key role in program documentation, proposal writing and management. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, can multi task exceptionally well, and has demonstrated success developing well thought out technical documentation. The candidate must be an organized, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in media monitoring processes with excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience.