Leidos Defense Group has an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the CBP NAML mission in aircraft maintenance and logistics support to ensure availability and readiness to meet operational commitments.
Leidos has multiple openings and levels of positions for A&P Mechanics that will troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems. This role will repair and replace aircraft components.
These positions are at the customer sites in the following locations:
Albuquerque, NM / Alpine, TX / Aquadilla/Hernandez, PR / Bellingham, WA / San Diego, CA / Buffalo, NY / El Paso, TX / Spokane, WA / Grand Forks, ND / Hammond, LA / Havre, MT / Houlton, ME / Jacksonville, FL / Laredo , TX / Sierra Vista, AZ / Manassas, VA / McAllen Miller, TX / Juma, AZ / Miami, FL / North Island, CA / Plattsburgh, NY / Mt. Clemens, MI / Tucson, AZ / Spring, TX
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Use of technical manuals, technical data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair of malfunctioning or damaged components
Must be able to perform the full range of airframe and engine maintenance, repair, modifications, inspections and servicing of aircraft in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certify accomplished work.
This entails the ability to:
• troubleshoot engines and systems
• use the federal supply system
• read and understand technical manuals and schematics
• read and interpret all instruments
• use special test equipment and tools
• research the technical library
• perform full system checkouts on all aircraft systems
• perform mechanic test flight duties
• perform complete servicing of aircraft
A&P Mechanic I - requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years direct experience
A&P Mechanic II - requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years direct experience
Must have a Secret clearance with the ability to pass a SSBI investigation
All levels will require:
• Direct experience in aircraft maintenance
• FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) License.
• Valid State Driver License
Military technical school degree.
These positions are contingent upon award.