The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Performance Tester to join the Test Team on a dynamic program in Northern Virginia. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work on a mission that matters and to make an immediate and substantial impact enhancing a unique enterprise solution that is deployed to thousands of users around the world. Participate in one of our high-performing Agile teams as we build upon our proven track record of delivering innovative solutions in record time. Each day, our database, software, hardware, test, and field engineers proudly collaborate with trainers, desk officers, and analysts to develop ideas and concepts into fielded, real-world solutions on this mission-focused program.
The Performance Tester will be responsible for hands-on performance and load testing of a web-based Java application running on a Windows clients, Linux servers, and Oracle/Postgres database and ensure system performance does not degrade in future releases. The Performance Tester will monitor load, volume, stress, and scalability of the application. The Performance Tester will evaluate new performance test tools for the project and will create a performance test plan, design the performance test environment, develop performance test scripts, execute performance tests, report performance test metrics and debug performance/load testing scripts.
The Performance Tester must have sufficient hardware/software experience to build and configure performance test environments that mirror a handful of installed baselines. Excellent written and verbal skills are required to create performance test scenarios and/or scripts; document test results; and communicate issues to the development team while also identifying possible solutions and/or workarounds for problems.
- Gather and analyze data and develop performance requirements at solution and product level.
- Design performance test strategy to account for all Performance Engineering activities.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of performance test data set up for test execution.
- Perform analysis of performance test results and conduct regular review of metrics with application team.
- Monitor and measure resource consumption of components, processes and latency at measurable points in the systems under test.
- Report defects and interact with software developers and testers to ensure they are fixed and thoroughly tested.
- Synthesize complex metrics gathered from test runs, analyze and interpret data, create presentations for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, DevOps engineer and development team to ensure performance, capacity and scalability requirements are tested at all tiers that make up the end-to-end solution to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
- Maintain a constant focus on continuously improving the delivery of Performance Testing in innovative ways; provide regular knowledge sharing and coaching on performance best practices to others in the organization.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology and apply this knowledge in establishing new and innovative technology solutions
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or 8+ years relevant technical experience
- Minimum of 5+ years developing performance test plans and executing the plan using LoadRunner / Apache Jmeter / WebLOAD / etc. or similar performance testing tool technologies
- Expert knowledge of software development/testing theories and best practices
3+ years experience working in Windows and Linux Environments
- 3+ years experience working with Oracle/Postgres databases
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools - JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Devops, Test Flo
- Experience with version control, preferably GIT; IntelliJ