Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-op for our Long Beach, MS office. We are seeking a candidate to work with our engineering and production teams as we develop and produce cutting-edge solutions to challenging defense-related problems. As a co-op, you will work with experienced electrical engineers in a hands-on environment which offers the opportunity to work on real-world problems. You will apply what you have already learned while gaining additional skills and knowledge.
- Perform Circuit Analysis and simulation.
- Assist with testing, debugging, and verifying of circuits and systems.
- Assist with the design modifications or improvements to existing analog and digital circuits.
- Research electronic components.
- Use of laboratory instruments to perform basic verification testing.
- Assist in development of tests and test procedures.
- Enrolled in an ABET-accredited electrical engineering degree program
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Completion of freshman-level engineering curriculum
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- U.S. citizen- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Completion of some circuit analysis courses
- Experience with a SPICE-based simulator
- Experience with engineering design tools (schematic or layout design)
- General knowledge of a hardware descriptive language (VHDL/Verilog)
- Knowledge of MATLAB or Python
- Familiarity with Linux