The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a System Engineer supporting the U.S. Government in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Chantilly, Virginia. The position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
The System Engineer assists in system and networking design, integration and technical refresh efforts working in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the intelligence community. This unique opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 support to mission-focused customer. In this missions we research, design, test, and implement all technologies involved in small data centers to include networking, hardware, software, storage, etc.
- Design, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot internal and external networks to include encryption and firewalls
- Design, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot the VMware virtual environment to include VMware Horizon
- Design, monitor, and manage a storage appliance and ability to help troubleshoot issues with phone support
- Research, implement, monitor, manage, patch, and troubleshoot various Microsoft products
- Research, implement, and troubleshoot active directory, group policy, and DNS
- Monitor and run pre-made queries in various types of databases
- Research, test, and update software to fix vulnerabilities, bugs, and user issues
- Review logs and vulnerabilities, identify potential issues, and engineer solutions to remediate or mitigate these issues
- Support remote teams in a tier 3 capacity on subjects such as networking, operating systems, data storage
- Effectively communicate hardware and software issues with end user's and customers
- Create and update documentation
- Basic Qualifications
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies
- Be willing to travel to remote sites & travel as needed
- Must be US Citizen
Basic Qualifications & Education
Clearance: Requires an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Relevant technical training and additional 6+ years' experience in lieu of degree considered.
External Referral Eligible