Leidos has a career opening for a Network Controller at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
We support key missions which include:
• JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) enterprise system, which provides a centralized network suite of equipment that provides a host of network security capabilities.
• Enterprise SATCOM Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities.
• Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance operations support.
• Missile Defense Agency Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communications Network.
• Other key services provided include operational engineering, service activations, performance management, configuration management, administration and security.
• Self- motivated and driven to seek solutions to resolve monitoring errors, using research and documentation.
• Troubleshoot circuits using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques.
• Utilize network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues. Escalate issues, when necessary.
• Create and update tickets utilizing Remedy.
• Troubleshoot networking technologies on a live, global network.
• High school and 3+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) at start date.
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.