Leidos is seeking an Industrial Engineering Co-op for our Long Beach, MS office. We are seeking a candidate to work with our engineering and production teams as we develop and produce cutting-edge solutions to challenging defense-related problems. As a co-op, you will work with experienced engineers in a hands-on environment which offers the opportunity to work on real-world problems. You will apply what you have already learned while gaining additional skills and knowledge.
- Work under the direction of the manufacturing manager.
- Assure assembly lines are ready for production of new assemblies.
- Develop layout and routes (work cells) for material handlers to maximize employee and equipment utilization.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects (Kaizens).
- Work with quality control to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Design and update carts to support material flow in the plant.
- Design and improve material layouts in the warehouse.
- Support the materials organization on any other design tasks as necessary.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Enrolled in industrial engineering degree program
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn about new processes and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- U.S. citizen- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing methods, Kaizen, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with ISO9001
- Experience working on electrical or mechanical assemblies