Are you interested in developing and researching cutting-edge geospatial technology?
Are you passionate about the problems of tomorrow?
Do you strive and excel in tackling unknown problems and creating innovative solutions?
Are you results oriented and excited about creating and leveraging machine learning applications, convolutional neural networks and cloud infrastructures?
The Global Security Solutions Division under the Intelligence Sector of Leidos Inc. has a career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Innovation Center, a research, development and rapid prototyping center. The Developer will work collaboratively across research and development (IRAD) and various Government Program Teams in the development of future analysis and exploitation systems that support the customer warfighter and analyst missions. The individual will develop complex and diverse software / cloud applications based upon existing and future requirements. The individual must be able to work individually and as part of a team, and must be comfortable in a rapid-paced but somewhat unstructured environment where self-motivation and creativity is highly valued.
- Assist in the development and design of analysis and exploitation systems while working in conjunction with IRAD, divisional technology and business leaders to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and or approaches
- Contribute and provide software applications, cloud services and other prototypes and products
- Must have experience in software development theories, concepts, practices and process
- Ability to work closely with GEOINT analysts and developers who are expert in the associated tradecraft as well as program teams in understanding future requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Currently working towards earning a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Strong desire to learn about a variety of topics
- Have the ability to think outside the box and tackle new topics and tasks
- Self- starter, motivated individual with the ability to work within a team of onsite and virtual team mates
- Ability to think out-side of the box and create solutions in ground breaking technology independently
- Working knowledge in JAVA, C++, C#, Python and other modern programming languages
- Ability to obtain a Tops Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- US Citizenship required by contact
- Fundamental understanding of cloud-native APIs, frameworks and architectures and demonstrated ability to develop back-end services, user interfaces and interoperable software component
- Experience in image processing, big data analytics or signal processing
- Experience in Elasticsearch or DynamoDB, S3 Bucket, ELTs,
- Experience in mathematical algorithm development
- 0-1 years' experience working with or in the Intelligence Community