Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join the Health Group in our Reston, VA headquarters location. The Leidos Health Group, comprised of over 7,000 employees and approximately $2B in revenue, is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider which draws on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. A team of scientists, engineers, and technologists, we deliver a broad range of customizable, scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos is a Washington Technology Top 100 employer, one of Fortune's Most Admired companies, and was also named to the 2019 Ethisphere List of the World's Most Ethical companies.
The HR Business Partner will work with a team of talented HR professionals to ensure success towards the operational and growth goals of this exciting, fast-paced and diverse business. The HRBP is responsible for partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business objectives and the resolution of HR issues. The HRBP will diagnose business needs and implement solutions to continually improve organizational performance. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address business objectives. The HRBP will provide strategic partnership and integration to help managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management investments, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and strategic deployment of Leidos employees. The HRBP will serve as a liaison between management and the Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk. The HRBP will partner with Talent Development and Inclusion to develop a robust, diverse talent pipeline to ensure sufficient ready-now candidates for key positions and to build leadership capability through mentoring, coaching and development. The HRBP will assist in growing the business by helping capture teams submit winning and executable proposals, support and consult with leadership on total compensation strategy and initiatives, and partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field)
• 8-12 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience in a role supporting first-level through senior management at a mid- to large-sized company
• Broad HR expertise to include talent management, performance management, employee relations, and compensation with strong project management and organizational skills
• Proactive solution designer and deliverer who is resourceful in creating agile solutions with a focus on results improvement
• Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative skills
• Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions
• A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Demonstrated understanding of employment law
• Experience using HR metrics to drive business results
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with an ability to manipulate and visualize data and build presentations with impact.
• Experience working for a Government contractor or other highly-regulated environment preferred
• Project management skills and the ability to manage a project from start to finish
• Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions
• Experience with Workday desired
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification a plus