Leidos Health Group is seeking a Program/ Project Manager who will support the consolidation of VA computer spaces in multiple phased, concurrent, and rolling projects directly supporting each consolidation location. This role will be located onsite in Austin, TX.
The candidate shall perform the following tasks, which may require the use of GFE (Government Furnished Equipment).
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center consolidation activities. Follow guidance from consolidation project planning documents. Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on consolidation activities.
- Conduct and/or validate documentation on all VA IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, firewalls, etc) within the datacenter using a combination of logical and physical tools and methods.
- Document the physical configuration of the data center and all equipment, hardware, furniture, and similar within the space.
- Document the logical configuration of the data center and how networks provide WAN and LAN connectivity to users in the administrative building.
- Coordinate network capacity performance testing on networks for remote operations; make appropriate technical recommendations to the consolidation program to satisfy user needs in the future operating environment.
- Identify appropriate target environments for relocation of IT services to target operating environments. Conduct business, contracting, and technical coordination to implement approved IT service migrations.
- Provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support consolidation project activities.
- Conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Modify, create, and close out support agreements to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Supervise supporting contract operations to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required)
- Interpersonal communication
- Technical communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Integration of complex data into consistent, organized data sets using standard office software
- All listed q ualifications are based on contract requirements for this role.