Leidos has career opportunities for the Business Development Leadership Program (BDLP) located in Reston, VA.
The Business Development Leadership Program (BDLP) is a commitment to a rotational program that that ranges from two to two-and-a-half years, depending on the assignments. The program is designed to prepare high potential employees for future positions by exposing them to a variety of challenging work environments, and pairing them with BD leaders who will provide mentoring throughout their rotation.
The Business Development team is a dynamic group of professionals responsible for contributing to top-line growth at the Corporate level. Our teams are fast-paced, strategic and highly motivated to win and capture new business. BDLP candidates typically have a high-energy level, strong enthusiasm, passion for innovative thinking, a competitive edge, and strong communication skills.
BDLP participants are encouraged to explore a variety of rotational assignments and select opportunities that best match their desired career path. We offer a variety of rotations to participants:
- Capture Strategy and Support
- Position-To-Win and Competitive Intelligence
- Proposal Operations
- Business Operations
- Strategic Development
- Cost Volume Management
- Capture Excellence
- Market Planning & Support
- Pricing Strategies
- Government Affairs
In addition to the regular rotational assignments, BDLP candidates may accept special rotational assignments as they surface during their participation in the program.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree from an accredited university and 0 to 4 years of relevant experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- Academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in the US Government's procurement process
- Knowledge of Government Contractor's proposal process and development
- Experience in Business Development and/or Marketing
- High Energy, enthusiasm and competitive edge
- Flexibility change rotational assignments
- Self Motivated
- Willingness to continually learn and grow
- Ability to Work in Team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Security Clearance (depending on Program assignment)