The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Junior Splunk Engineer to support the DTRA ITSS II contract at Fort Belvoir.
This position will be direct support to the DTRA Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP). You will be working side by side with a senior Splunk Engineer assisting with various Splunk related projects and day to day maintenance. In addition to Splunk there is the opportunity to work with other Cyber Security tools such as Arcsight, Zeek Security Monitor, and Symantec PCAP.
- Experience in using SIEM technologies to support in-depth investigations and 'hunting' activities.
- Experience with SPLUNK Enterprise Security is preferred but not necessary.
- On call 24x7 support
- Perform ongoing development for additional use case and SIEM tuning.
- Administer Splunk and Splunk Apps to include extending/modify existing Apps to perform specialized functionality.
- Integrate Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools.
- Consult with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Perform maintenance and optimization of existing Splunk deployments.
- Deployment and management of clustered systems.
- Communicate with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators.
- Create formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or III compliant certification required.
- Formal Splunk Education Courses.
- Splunk 6.x-7.x (Splunk Certified preferred) Administrator level
- RHEL / *nix
- M ust have a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Secret clearance required. Top-Secret preferred.
- DNS / DHCP / IIS
- SQL / Oracle
- Cisco / Networking
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Technical Expertise
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service