Leidos Veterans Health is seeking an Integration Engineer to support integration activities during the implementation and sustainment of the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) system for our government client. The ideal candidate will have an OIPA and/or LOMA certification, knowledge of typical insurance business functions, and prior experience with OIPA system integration. Prior work with the OIPA tool in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment would be a big plus.
- Coordinate and integrate multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, while retaining full functional and performance capabilities.
- Manage the data containers within AWS and ensure the systems are properly connected, and integration points are maintained.
- Integrate insurance IT systems with the government enterprise platforms and ensure each enterprise component remains stable throughout integration.
- Ensure integration activities minimize disruptions to the system and to the users, and maintain focus on improving quality and system performance.
- Analyze and create strategies to ensure functional and performance capabilities are maintained throughout the application's lifecycle.
- Continuously test, monitor, and maintain the services capabilities and methodically analyze and research issues to determine the best of multiple possible solutions.
- Identify and implement standardization, consolidation, and data sharing opportunities to improve customer service and streamline processing.
- Analyze application and network logs and write code to ensure components are compatible.
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment and operate on multiple sub-projects/tasks simultaneously.
- OIPA or LOMA certification and knowledge of typical insurance business functions including: underwriting and policy issue, payment processing, month anniversary, anniversary, disbursement, withdrawal, correspondence, non-forfeiture, lapse processing, state reporting, billing, policy servicing, product set-up, health claims processing, life claims processing.
- Experience producing high-level and detailed data flow documentation, including input/output data and key transformations, for both current and future state.
- Experience assessing short and long term design implications that impact effective and efficient operation of the overall work streams.
- Experience developing processes for integrating with internal and external systems.
- Possess a comprehensive working knowledge of the OIPA configuration language, and a strong set of programming skills.
- Experience with networking, enterprise application integration, and business process management.
- Experience drafting network architecture diagrams that detail the planned connections and configuration between the new system and the existing internal and external systems.
- Experience integrating existing systems into a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and/or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution.
- Experience working with a development/integration team and stakeholders to ensure requirements are executed and risks are mitigated.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and a strong understanding of SQL query building and optimization.
- Working knowledge of OIPA Versions v10 and v11.
- Extensive experience with ETL tools and SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact with team members across local and remote locations spread across multiple time zones.
- Experience using OIPA extension functionality to integrate with enterprise capabilities
- 4+ years of experience with AWS or OIPA tools
- Possess an Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) certification
- Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) operations, workflows, systems, and applications such as the VA Rational Tool Suite is HIGHLY desired.
- Experience using the VA Enterprise Design Patterns to comply with the VA's Enterprise Technical Architecture (ETA) compliance criteria.
- Basic understanding of web services (REST, SOAP, JMS)
- Experience providing SME support to the technical documentation effort.
- Knowledge of Oracle SOA and BPM.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance in order to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent plus five (5) years of relevant experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.