Leidos is hiring a Field Service Technician to join our team. Responsibilities will include recovering equipment removed from vehicles / crews, document and forward equipment to Investment Recovery organization for cost recovery. Monitor current inventory of current and newly installed Panasonic laptops and Getac PC's across entire Service territory. Inventory information should include: assigned area, device model # and serial #, applications installed, wireless device carrier information as well as other information pertinent to maintaining accurate records of IT infrastructure.
Other responsibilities include:
Monitoring for new and tracking of existing Service Technician issues
• Monitor 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Service Now (SNOW) system for any new issues recorded by a field user.
• Review case detail and request any additional information, otherwise assign the case to a Field Technician.
• Create a work log entry in the SNOW case for all activities associated with the case. Regular updates will be made reporting the current status of the case.
• Ensure that SNOW cases that arrive prior to 5:30 PM are assigned before COB that day. By 9:00 AM cases that arrived overnight should be assigned.
• A weekly report by service territory will be provided which includes all SNOW ticket numbers, summary of required repairs and duration each repair. Report template to be agreed upon by the customer and Leidos.
Truckside Hardware and Software Support
• Leidos will provide support in each of the 4 service territories to perform the following activities:
o New device installation and configuration
o Device removal, including Investment Recovery activities
o When ticket volumes exceed a mutually agreed upon threshold, Leidos will work with the customer to prioritize the tickets.
Annual Preventative Maintenance
• Annual updates will be performed on the Panasonic Units (if applicable) and Getac PC's during an annual on-site visit or when units are cycled thru the repair depot. This annual maintenance should include, but not be limited to: Desktop Updates, Encryption, Big-Fix, Scalable Survey Client, hard drive disk cleanup and defrag, and ensuring all current GPS, wireless communication and Mobile software being used by business is current.
Update inventory of wireless solution
• Location, contract, and assignment of each device will be maintained in the single system wide inventory system (Pen Manager).
• Identify any inventory errors and take appropriate action to correct billing information or return device to vendor for service disconnection.
• All devices on existing contracts are targeted for inventory within 8 weeks of contract start date.
• Manage process to return non-functioning devices to vendors.
• Manage small stock of spare devices to keep inventory down to 5 spares by each service provider.
• High School diploma with 2+ years of experience as a computer technician
• Must have experience with hardware and software for Getac tablet mobile devices
• Travel to sites as needed will be required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work in a faced paced environment and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously