The Defense at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission we...
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze durability, design allowable, and structural modeling of aircraft modifications, primarily for FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft
- Analyze metals, non-metallic, and/or composite structures using both Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and classical hand calculation methodology
- Write structural test plans, test reports, and structural reports
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) design/drafting
- Utilize software tools such as NX NASTRAN (FEMAP), AutoDesk Inventor, and SolidWorks.
- Check and approve analyses and drawings of other engineers depicting structural/mechanical designs
- Serve as design engineering lead and primary technical contact for large design projects, providing technical inputs to mechanical designs
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Structural Engineering
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights
- Familiarity with one or more of various CAD modeling software (Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, NX), OR various FEA software (ie FEMAP, ABAQUS, ANSYS)
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems, various CAD modeling software (Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, NX), OR various FEA software (ie FEMAP, ABAQUS, ANSYS)
- CFD, Damage tolerance, vibration, fatigue, and/or thermal analysis experience
- Experience with Army Regulations, specifically Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) requirements
- Active Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations
This position is contingent upon Leidos being awarded the Fox Hound 3 contract.