The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Voice Data Engineer Journeyman the Pentagon Washington, DC.
Voice Data Engineer Journeyman (DRSN) Defense Red Switch Network Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program at the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The successful candidate will support engineering and maintenance of NMCC Telecommunication systems. Systems include Defense Red Switch Network, Multimedia, and C4 Computer Systems and Tech Control. The Position requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Maintaining DRSN and associated sub-systems for continuous operations within the Pentagon, National Military Command Center (NMCC), and remote locations within the National Capital Region (NCR). Support included maintenance and monitoring activities, switch operation and administration; scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, fault isolation, and service restoration.
- Conducting COMSEC responsibilities; operation and maintenance of associated cryptographic devices and their configurations. Perform engineering for new circuit installations, modifications, and deactivations.
- Provide network planning and engineering support for all in-service operational Pentagon/NMCC telecommunication systems in the National Capitol Region.
- Provide technical and operational support to end-user services, network expansions, and modernization of telecommunications backbone systems.
- Provides problem resolution for all hardware and software elements of the data communication circuits maintained by the work center to include Commercial and GFE owned networks.
- Provide outage and restoration information as required to include rostral times.
- Ensure the availability of the circuits in coordination with others work centers as required. Preform status updates and circuit monitoring as required.
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedules and/or standby, if required, to provide 24 hour a day/7 day a week coverage.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess Security+CE certification.
- Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience working telecommunications systems in a command center environment including a background in one or more of the following areas: Cryptographic Systems, Defense Red Switch Network, Tech Control, Command and Control Computer Systems, Nuclear Command and Control.
- Knowledge of developing, testing, implementing and maintaining communications operations contingency, exercise and restoral plans is desirable.
- Circuit restoration, fault isolation, quality control testing, trend analysis, performance monitoring, and status reporting experience is highly desired.
- Experience working with the following testing equipment: Tone Generator & Probe, VoIP tester, Scope, BERT / Bit Error Rate Tester, Multimeter.
- Experience conducting the following hands on activities: PMCS / Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services, Fault Isolation / Troubleshooting, Remove and Replace Procedures, Software Backup and Recovery.