Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Our Multi-Spectrum Warfare Research and Analytics Division of Leidos has an exciting position open for you, our next Electro-Optical Technologist, to help us and construct and test new and novel optical and laser systems. You will get to support work at AFRL facilities on KAFB and at other facilities in the Albuquerque area. If you like creating, building, assembling, modifying and/or repairing prototypes as well as collecting and manipulating technical data then this could be the job for you!
Fun stuff you will get to do on the job:
• Construct optical layouts based on engineering input and schematics.
• Construct laser amplifiers, perform optical and laser experiments, and collect data.
• Assemble electronic test and measurement hardware.
• Use software such as Labview to capture experimental data and to control laboratory systems.
• Perform analyses of experimental data using software such as Excel.
• Perform routine laboratory maintenance and cleanup.
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
• College level coursework in optics, electronics or engineering with 2+ years of optical / laser related experience
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance
• Knowledge of fiber optics, including cleaving and splicing
• Ability to read and understand basic electronic schematics
• Ability to analyze data and write accurate, concise and readable test summary reports
• Ability to engage in technical research and development in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well with scientific peers
• Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Active security clearance
• Associates degree in optics, electronics or engineering
• 2+ years of fiber splicing, construction and testing
• 2+ years of electronics assembly and troubleshooting
• 4+ years of programming with LabView or similar code
• Expertise splicing large diameter fibers
External Referral Eligible