At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and the cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Applications Engineer - Trusted virtualized Desktop Technologies to provide Applications Engineering support for a trusted virtualized Desktop cloud-based IaaS/PaaS data center.
• Broad understanding of evolving technical trends.
• Creative in applying trends to meet our customers' mission requirements.
• Provides the development, shapes and delivers technical solutions.
• Solutions are focused to improve program performance and provide thought leadership.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of related technologies to include, but not limited to: Unified Communications, MS-SharePoint, virtualized desktop, multi-level secured data-stores and other secure applications being offered to the user community.
• Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Design, implement and monitors high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environment.
• Support the establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
• Write technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
• Interacts with customers to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
• Deploy CM and versioning tools.
• Must have a TS/SCI with a poly to be considered
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related STEM technical discipline plus 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• 5-7 years of elaborating and relevant Information Technology experience.
• 2+ years of management skills with a passion for leading and developing staff.
• 2+ years of hands on experience of implementing Splunk and maintaining its operations.
• Experiences with Server Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 2008 and higher and/or Linux 6 and higher).
• IT Infrastructure Technologies (e.g. Active Directory, DNS, Identity and Access Management); Desktop Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 10).
• Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware and HyperV); Storage Architectures and Technologies (e.g. NetApp).
• Traditional Client Server and AWS architectures.
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI and Citrix).
• IT Tools expertise (e.g. Splunk, ServiceNow); Collaboration Technologies (e.g. Exchange, Skype); Software Development Frameworks and Tools (e.g. DevOps, Jira).
• Scripting and automation technologies (e.g. PowerShell).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• In depth experience designing solutions that are: secure, resilient, scalable, and transformative.
• Experience using or administering Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Proven track-record in designing Splunk in the cloud, particularly AWS, and migrating from a sizable on-prem installation.
• GIT experience very helpful.
• MCSE/MCITP Certifications; Other IT related certifications.
• AWS / Cloud experience is a plus
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired