The Systems Engineer will work managing the Software License Management service which includes License Servers as well as the FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA) system. The Software License Management services goal is to ensure that software licenses are managed and tracked effectively. Experience working as a Windows Server Administrator, License Server Administration, scripting with python , and/or Flexera FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA) is desired. Responsibilities include designing, documenting, implementing, and supporting the maintenance of Flexera based license management solutions and managing license services deployed to Windows and non-Windows servers.
The Systems engineer will evaluate user requirements from the Government customer to inform both the requirements definition, implementation design, and the operations and sustainment of the Software License Management service. The Systems Engineer will conduct technical exchange meetings to evaluate design alternatives and to coordinate changes to the Software License Management service with both the Government customer and UFS program technical team members. The Systems Engineer will assist the Government customer in the creation, maintenance, and adjustment of license utilization reports.
The System Engineer is responsible for developing updates, changes, fixes, and new capabilities as well as troubleshooting issues and incidents within the Operational environment. The Systems Engineer is also responsible for documenting the build-to specifications, concept of operations, diagrams, and configuration and installation guidance to support system implementation. The System Engineer is also responsible for engaging with vendors and service providers to stay knowledgeable in new technological advances, and for developing plans for including those advancements in new changes to the system.
• Develop, test, review, and document the instructions to deploy patches, updates, hotfixes, and upgrades to virtual machines and servers.
• Analyze test results, isolate problems, engineer solutions, and resolve issues.
• Evaluate and diagnose application and software issues.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
• Responsible for developing, testing, and documenting new releases, or changes to the system.
• Develop scripts, code, or other automated solutions to deploy, configure, or setup software.
• Develop scripts, code, or other automated solutions to orchestrate the feed of data into the software management system.
• Develop professional, clear, concise documentation that defines the technical characteristics and build-to instructions for deploying new capability releases.
• Write/update technical documentation such as user manuals, system diagrams, system CONOPS, system documentation, and training materials.
• Responsible for developing solutions according to sound engineering best practices which include strict baseline and change management, issue tracking, and test processes.
• Bachelors Degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience