An Identity & Access Management (IdAM) program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineering manager to provide functional management and leadership support as a Software Engineering Manager for a mission critical enterprise system in Chantilly. Successful candidate will provide functional management support for multiple software developers operating within a SAFe agile software development environment. AN ACTIVE TS/SCI with Poly level clearance is required for consideration.
The candidate should have a background in managing personnel and understand the following:
- Work closely with recruiting team to staff current program openings for the team
- Onboard new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed with the scope of the program
- Execute all performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborate with subcontractor team members' leadership for staffing needs and to provide individual teammate performance feedback
- Update corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Plan and allocate resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Manage personnel on the agile software development teams
- Oversee training across the agile team members
- Assist employees in identifying career growth opportunities on current program and across the corporation
- Collaborate with release train engineer and development lead on development team assignments
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership experience; at a minimum experience leading a team of 3-4 people
- Prior experience managing personnel in an agile development environment
- Experience with staffing open positions, including reviewing resumes and conducting interviews
- - Agile development experience
- - Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- - Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- - Familiar with program tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- - Understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
"External Referral Eligible"