This is where your legacy begins! We currently has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Arlington, Virginia office. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects in its Electronic Warfare Division. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated engineer for advanced technology programs focused on mechanical engineering from research and development to production.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Support applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in across various projects for land-based, airborne, and/or space applications.
- Provides mechanical engineering leadership on new R&D and current designs as well as support sustaining production products.
- Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of innovative technology from the research stage to full production.
- B.S. degree (M.S. Degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university with at least 5 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience in advanced electronics packaging, chip-to-ambient thermal resistance, materials, vibration & shock analysis, thermal simulation and cooling.
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS, PRO-E and/or NASTRAN CAD tools
- Experience working with cross functional development teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- 5% travel may be required across the division and/or customer sites
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with thermal management of next generation heterogeneous integrated circuits, chip-centric cooling techniques in harsh environments, and/or radiation shielding.
- Experience with modeling, analysis, and design of miniaturized electrical/mechanical components and assemblies.
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3D printing
- Experience with documentation packages for military products
- Familiarity with VITA VPX Circuit Card Assemblies
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.