Leidos has a current job opening for a Senior Linux System Administrator Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five-year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and fingerprints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Linux servers and workstation environment in the current ABIS 1.2 subsystems (Operational, Master Recovery, Non-Production Environments).
- Responsible for maintain the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program Cyber security office via patching and configuration using DISA STIGs. For ABIS 1.2.
- Responsible for providing technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks for the effort to build the new ABIS 1.3 system.
- Responsible for researching and gaining proficiency on new technologies introduced in ABIS 1.3
- Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- 12 years of hands on Linux system administration experience
- An active DoD Secret Clearance
- DOD 8570 security and operational environment certs (such as CCNA, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, etc.) or, the ability to obtain required certifications within 60 days of start.
- Ability to access CJIS Campus
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system as most of our products run on CentOS or RHEL.
- Fluent using the Linux CLI/shell.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures.
- RHN Satellite experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (RHEV/KVM/VMware.
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.).
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, ssh, NFS).
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments.
- Familiar with DNS, DHCP
- Troubleshooting experience
- Ability to respond at all hours to operational requirements
- Experience working in a large, highly available Linux environment.
- Experience with automated configuration management and server provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Ansible.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Windows system administration.
- Basic understanding of cloud technology