The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Python NLTK Developer in Baltimore, MD.
The Sr. NLTK Python Software Developer shall have extensive experience in software design, development and testing, program installations, and system implementations using the NLTK within Python.
The candidate shall conduct research for, and maintain the computer systems
and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. The candidate shall have extensive experience to analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems. The candidate will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. The candidate will develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. The candidate will be able to work productively as a developer on a project and be able to integrate with project teams. The candidate will possess excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, user documentation, and customer presentations as required.
• Develop applications that are performant and meet the requirements of the client
utilizing NLTK within Python. Can mentor other Python developers on NLTK used within
• Contribute to the analysis and development of the final product.
• Providing tests for all code and logic created.
• Schedule code reviews to review all code written and changes made.
• Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
• Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
• Support management and customers in answering questions on advanced technical
research studies and applications.
• Work on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
• Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
• Prepare weekly status reports of accomplished tasks.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience. Additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Proficient in using NLTK within Python 2.7.x language and common libraries 2 Years
• Python Frameworks: Anaconda, pandas, numpy, Python Natural Language Toolkit
(NLTK), scikit learn, regex, and multiprocessing
• RESTful and SOAP web service implementations
• Experience with Natural Language Processing
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Application servers/Web frameworks: Websphere, Bottle, Flask, Django, CherryPy
• Unit Testing
• Databases: SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, MongoDB
• XML, XSL, XSD
• Virtualization and Cloud development
• OS: Windows 7, 10, 2012 R2, Redhat Linux
Additional Desired skills
• Data Modeling, DDL
• Server configuration
• Technical Leadership
• MS Visual Studio and VSTO