Job Requisition:Materials Engineering Lead - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos is pursuing a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region which requires a Materials Engineering Lead. The candidate will be responsible for directly and indirectly managing personnel and tasks such wood product design, fabrication and finishing, including lathe and router operation, milling, cold and band saw operation and furniture finishing and restoration. The candidate must also be knowledgeable of the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and processes for utilizing setup fixtures and jigs. The candidate must understand and properly manage related fluids, gases, and materials and storage.
• Manager personnel, project objectives, and project schedules for materials design, engineering, and direction
• Design and develop customized wood and materials engineering solutions to unique, complex Customer requirements
• Lead team in creating product design and fabrication, managing associated design and fabrication files
• Communicate and interface with internal and external procurement vendors for material acquisition
• Lead and manage the development and direction for associated officer training courses
• Lead efforts to stay abreast of and research industry best practices and advances in technology
• Lead team in maintaining a safe operating environment in the shop and work closely with the safety officer to enforce OSHA and EPA regulations
• CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required 5% of the time
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/combined with education
• Experience in wood working disciplines and with managing wood product design, fabrication and finishing including lathe and router operation, milling, cold and band saw operation and furniture finishing and restoration
• Experience in mechanical skills instruction
• Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with technical material design and manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements
• Demonstrated CAD/CAM experience and possess Machine Certification
• Demonstrated ability to lead and assist others in design and troubleshooting of mechanical component designs
• Demonstrated training experience in hand and machine mechanical skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain material inventory and replenish this in a timely manner by managing and monitoring the stock status
• At least 1 year of experience working with the Customer
• Demonstrated experience in project management
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.