Leidos is looking for an experienced Chemical Engineer at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of novel synthetic strategies utilizing state of the art continuous synthesis and processing techniques for energetic materials and their precursors. Responsible for design of synthetic pathways utilizing flow chemistry exclusively or to a maximum extent, establishing analytical methods for reaction monitoring, conducting process safety evaluation, conducting scale-up and process optimization through modeling, selecting commercial off the shelf automated flow equipment, and performing scale-up operations. Also responsible for developing purification and characterization techniques. Expected to lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop technical solutions. Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Requires a Masters Degree with 6 + years of prior relevant experience.
- Specific demonstrated experience in flow chemistry techniques required. Hazardous chemical handling and chemical lab experience required.
- Expert knowledge and experience with state of art flow chemistry equipment and techniques for synthesis, scale-up, and characterization required.
- Knowledge of energetic materials, formulation and crystallization techniques desirable.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments (DOE) methodology highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to adapt and direct research programs for rapid results. Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.
- US citizenship required.
PH. D in Chemical Engineering plus relevant experience.