The Leidos/Reveal operation is a recognized leader in the development of threat detection products and services. Our flagship explosives detection system is deployed around the globe to safeguard a diverse and growing number of people, places and transportation systems every day. Leidos/Reveal has built an outstanding reputation while becoming a trusted partner by collaborating closely with our customers to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions that consistently exceed their expectations. It is Leidos/Reveal's talented workforce, where teamwork, individual contributions and innovation are all highly valued, that has achieved these accomplishments.
Leidos/Reveal has an immediate opening for a talented Senior Software Developer in Vista, CA to work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection and avionic detection systems for the Security and Transportation Technology business unit.
Travel: Must be willing to travel abroad. If travel is necessary, typically will be
• Design, develop, test, and maintain Windows client-server and at times embedded applications using C# and C++.
• Develop software following the company's Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products.
• Interact with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements.
• Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable.
• Use TDD to ensure the code base is tested and to enable refactoring in the future.
• Be proactive in leading group design discussions and/or grabbing another developer to pair program on non-trivial features/code.
• Report project status and issues to management as required.
• Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills.
Required Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related with 12+ years overall programming experience, 6 years of which are product development experience in 'C', 'C"++, C#, or Java. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must have strong object oriented design skills (OOD).
• Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices.
• Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
• Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
• Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment.
• Must be willing to travel abroad.
• Experience with Agile SW practices, particularly TDD.
• Familiarity with OO design patterns, design of loosely coupled extensible architectures.
• Experience identifying code smells and utilizing refactoring techniques to reduce entropy in the code base.
• Experience with a documented form of design such as UML.
• Experience with revision control (e.g. TFS) and Agile software process experience (e.g. SCRUM).
• Software Development, Multi-threading, TCP/IP networking, bus architectures, Web Services, Visual Studio, 'C', C#/.NET, ADO.NET and SQL Server, interfacing with real-time/embedded systems, image processing.