Successful candidate performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Performs concept of operations formulation; requirements definition; analysis and engineering; system architecting, analysis and design; interface and data architectures; validation and verification; systems integration, system & operational performance analysis; lifecycle cost analysis & estimation; decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Serves as technical writer for Digitally-Aided Fire Support related Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- Two (2) years or more of related System Engineer experience
- Understanding in Tactical Data Links, specifically Variable Message Format (VMF).
- Knowledge in the implementation of Tactical Data Links, digital message formatting, and military standards (6016, 6017, 188-220, 2045-47001, etc.)
- Fluent in analysis design and decision support tools
- Test Experience
- Well-versed in the 7-Layer Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model
- Technical writing skills
- Expert in the use of VISIO, PowerPoint, MS Word
- Office computer skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years work experience
- Operational knowledge of Joint Fire Support mission roles to address mission analytical responsibilities
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Bachelors or Masters Degree