The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The candidate will assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative approaches, system architecture frameworks and other over-arching engineering issues that would impact the organization.
What you will like about this position...
- Working in a dynamic environment, bring expertise from areas such as Cloud Integration, Data Flow Management, and Software Configuration Management to enable a standardized development platform for multiple teams in the division.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce, High Performance Computing, and Cloud Services such as Amazon AWS.
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, from the platforms utilized to the architecture framework used to develop the software
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Eight (8) to eighteen (12) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- At least four (5) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale
- Experience in developing software development frameworks
- Experience with Enterprise Architectures, Cloud services and Software CM (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills using Technical Engineering Documentation Standards (DoDAF, INCOSE).