Leidos Engineering team is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer with prior experience working with Microsoft Systems Center Stack. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting all aspects of the Microsoft Systems Center Stack (Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is the main focus but Microsoft Systems Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Microsoft Systems Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) are a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The role of the Systems Engineer is to utilize systems, tools, and processes to monitor and administer systems, with a focus on:
• Maintain and administer servers and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations as needed to support the operational mission.
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
• Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
• Ability to lead technical teams
• Experience with NGA programs and facilities are desired.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.