The Project Engineer will support the ITEMS UFS PMO and be responsible for staffing for the program, staffing metrics and reporting. The successful candidate will be flexible with assignments, ensure all action items are closed timely and accurately, and be willing to learn every day. The successful candidate will be open to daily ad hoc assignments, provide correct status of open action items, and close action items timely. Reports daily out to the team lead on all items that were worked during the day.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the hiring managers with staffing open requisitions. This includes but is not limited to writing and opening requirements, screen candidate submissions, scheduling interviews, reviewing compensation senior management and Subcontract managers, and ensuring all staffing process steps are completed according the to the Leidos Staffing Processes.
- Coordinate Leidos and Subcontractor onboarding activities to include: start dates with manager, recruiter, employee, security steps
- Manage, update, and run reports from the Resource Management System (RMS) with program staffing, security workflow, metric, etc.
- Train new users on how to use RMS
- Update RMS daily with employee information, staffing numbers, and training certificates
- Run the CDRL A0005 report once a month and provide an update to the Security Manager
- Provides 2 weekly staffing reports to the Program Manager: total staffing and open positions and staffing metrics
- Create and manage an overarching ITEMS UFS staffing plan. Inputs will be from the PM, Senior Managers, and Subcontract Management
- Ensure that all employees are submitting their timecards correctly and managers are approving timecards by reviewing timecard reports from the finance team
- Ad hoc duties as needed by the Program Management Office. These will be defined by the manager when they arise. They can be multiple actions per day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.